Shipper's Export Declaration (SED) or Form 7525-V
Shipper Export Declaration is important document mandatory for all exported goods valued over $2500. Information regarding export license requirements and SED filling can be obtain from the US census Bureau for shipping goods requiring export license or license exception, or exporting single commodities more than $2500 in value. Export Declaration should be filled electronically at AES Direct. All the information listed on shipper export declaration will be submitted to the US Census Bureau for statistical and government purposes. SED can be filed personally or by international freight forwarder on shipper’s behalf. If freight forwarder is asked to file Shipper Export Declaration on shipper’s behalf the shipper must provide the forwarder with export power of attorney.
SED Mandatory Information
- Shipper Name and Address
- Shipper EIN or TID –Shipper's Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TID).
- Consignee Name and Address
- Schedule B Number – Shipper must advise on the correct schedule B commodity code. For more detailed information you may visit this link.
- Commodity Information: – cargo description, quantity, value, weight.
- Unit of Measure pallets, barrels, pieces etc.
- Origin of the Goods - Domestic (D), Foreign (F), or Foreign Military Sales (M)
- In Bond Code – This code indicates the type of shipment In Bond or Not In Bond
- Point of Origin –U.S. state in which the shipment originated
- Method of Transportation – land, air or ocean.
- Entry Number.
- Routed or Not routed transaction
- Export License Number and expiry date – An export license permits the holder to export specific goods to certain destinations. If export license is reported expiry date of the license must be provided.
Shipper Export Declaration must be filed with US customs prior to vessel cut-off date. K&K Global LLC requires shipper export declaration along with other shipping documentation to be provided by the time of cargo loading. Shipper is completely responsible for any incorrect information or omissions. In case of cargo detentions or delays because of misrepresent information; applicable surcharges will be forwarded to the shipper.
Shipper's Export Declaration Sample.